Monday, April 11, 2011

HUGE Field trip!


This past week I went on a HUGE field trip! When we were on the way we went to Luray Caverns. It was so neat because there were stalactites and stalagmites! it was really pretty! We first went to Philadelphia for 3 days. We saw the actual Liberty Bell! Did you know the crack in the bell is a faux? Tourists were complaining that the actual crack was too small so the workers made it bigger! WEIRD! We went to the actual room where they signed the constitution! It was really cool!! There was a China Town there too! We had an excellent hotel, it was truly awesome!! Then, we went to Washington, D.C. for 7 days (a week). We went to the Smithsonian, saw the Lincoln Memorial, National Monument, Jefferson Memorial, and we went in the Capitol Building!!! Did you know only 40 pillars holds up the 9 trillion pound dome on the Capitol Building? SCARY! It was an amazing trip and I really enjoyed it!
-Abby

6 comments:

  1. What's with the field trips now?! I'm going on one tomorrow, Wed.-Fri. It's gonna be really fun! We're going to Charleston {sp?} and Fort Sumter {sp, again?} 'cause at 4:30 a.m. this morning it was fired on and started the Civil War! Did ya know that? Yea, I can't wait. But know it's off to the mall! YAAAAAY!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's awesome! Sounds like soooo much fun. :) This week we've been taking finals. :P Bummers. Oh well, we get out of school soon! Yay! :)

    ~Leanna

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah I did know tha Rachel! It's cool! Are you aloud to tell me your grade Rachel? I'm in 6th :) By the way what does "{sp}" mean? And through March-May there are lots of fieldtrips :) Leanna- Yeah same here! Only like a month and a few days I get out! I get out on May 29th what about you?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh My Gosh Abby you are so lucky. Guess what I get out of school on June 8th. That is 12 days before my birthday. Well actually I think that we might have to go till the 9th because we missed to many days of school because of snow. Do you watch dancing with the stars? I love the show. I hope Chelsea Kane wins. In my opinion she is the best.

    ReplyDelete
  5. If anyone is wondering why her field trips are so darn rockin' cool, it's because she's homeschooled XD

    ReplyDelete
  6. Natalie yes I watch it sometimes. I agree :) Haha Maddie! ;)

    ReplyDelete

Hey guys! If you can comment I would love that! Make sure to be nice and say only nice things because we don't want anything bad on here. Also please don't give out ANY personal information!